Careers at 80six
Current vacancy: Business Development Director
Reporting to: Commercial Director
Salary: Outstanding salary, WFA
80six is a leading video technology rental company providing high end equipment and world class technical services for live entertainment, virtual production, film & TV drama, broadcast, (e)sports and corporate events. Our team is comprised of some of the best industry project managers, video system engineers, producers, visual effects artists and creatives. 80six drives technical innovation and leads from the front.
From LED screens to cameras, video control systems to real-time video content creation, we invest time and resources into the R&D of emerging technologies which enables our team to deliver complex and stunning creations.
Whether it’s a global music tour or a virtual event hosted on one of our virtual production or xR stages, 80six has the technical knowledge, equipment and dedication to ensure our productions are always a success.
To help evolve our growth plans we are now looking for an experienced Business Development Director.
Your primary focus will be to grow the 80six client base by acquiring new business for our technical production services within the entertainment industry with specific focus on video ,VP/XR production for one or more of the following areas: live events, virtual & hybrid, film and television.
- Identify, approach and network with potential clients and key decision makers
- To form appropriate relationships with clients and suppliers
- Plan and craft persuasive and compelling pitches that will influence potential clients to use our technical production services
- Continually evolve your network, hold regular qualified meetings, and calls to grow your pipeline
- Use your market knowledge to develop unique selling propositions
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to write and deliver pitches and proposals
- Work closely with the Project Managers to evolve client briefs
- Keep abreast of industry trends and solutions
- Maintain good CRM information
- Update the SMT monthly on the sales pipeline including forecasts
- To be responsible for overseeing and delivering the sales business plan
- To establish and agree annual targets
- To follow the correct internal procedures of administration
- Represent 80six within the industry
- A self-starter with entrepreneurial flair
- Must have a proven successful track record in new business sales
- Ideally you will come from a technical services company supporting either events, film, or the TV industry with wide experience in the equipment rental especially relevant
- Experience in responding to RFI, RFQs, RFP
- An excellent industry network
- Strong commercial acumen